In my 21 years of experience in counseling, I have learned that every person has immense untapped potential that can be developed to lead a more empowered life . By helping my clients to break through their blocks,learn the skills and cognitive perspectives necessary to access their innate potential and capabilities, I support them in turning adversity into opportunity and help them to confidently create a better future for themselves.
I believe in constantly updating my knowledge and skills. I use my academic knowledge, experience in therapy ,vast reading skills and sincerity of purpose to effectively facilitate change in my clients.
PhD in Psychology from University of Delhi.
Master’s degree in Psychology from Bengaluru University.
- Member, Association of Clinical Psychologists, New Delhi
- Life Member, Indian Association of Clinical Psychologists, Bengaluru.
- Member, Delhi Psychiatric Society, New Delhi.
- Member, Indian Academy of Applied Psychology, Chennai.
Psychotherapy and Counseling Experience:
Independent practice as a Consultant psychotherapist.
I have counselled individuals and families for emotional and psychological problems through individual counseling and workshops. My clients include those living in India, USA, Canada, Europe, UAE, Australia, Singapore. Some of the issues which my clients have explored in counseling and therapy sessions include:
- Relationship problems
- Parenting concerns
- Pre-marital counseling
- Emotional, psychological abuse
- Building self-awareness, self-confidence
- Marital problems
Among many other topics
- Career planning
- Handling emotions
- Handling Conflict
- Exploring the meaning of Life
- Navigating life transitions
My Theoretical Orientation:
I primarily use evidence based Cognitive Behavior therapy. However, as and when appropriate, I use the approaches of other therapeutic interventions- e.g. Gestalt therapy, Existential therapy, Person-centered therapy, spiritual psychology, in order to maximally and effectively help my clients.
Founder Director, Center for Self-Awakening, Bengaluru
At this Center, counseling and cognitive therapy services,workshops, talks by Experts, group discussions and meetings were arranged for the personal and psychological empowerment of clients and members.
Soft Skills Trainer:
I am an experienced soft skills trainer and have designed and conducted several workshops. I have trained executives of various organizations. To name a few:
- Basak and Shamban,Bengaluru
- Bengaluru, Management Association, Bengaluru
- Crossdomains, Bengaluru.
- Dell Computers, Bengaluru
- Tata InfoTech,Bengaluru
- Vimoksha Technologies,Bengaluru
I have also conducted workshops for college students of
- ICFAI, Bengaluru
- Christ college,Bengaluru
- JSS College, Bengaluru
- Jyoti Nivas College,Bengaluru
The Workshop Topics Included:
- Interpersonal Skills for Success
- Assertive Skills
- Self Awareness and Motivation
- Emotional Intelligence for Workplace Effectiveness
- Spiritual Intelligence
- Team building Skills
- Mentoring Skills
- Skills for Effective stress management
- Transactional Analysis for personal effectiveness
- Communication Skills
- Life Style Management
- counseling Skills
- Leadership Skills
- Gender Awareness
- Stress Management
- Career Planning
- I have worked as Professor in various Management institutes in Bengaluru, which includes Xavier Institute of Management and Entrepreneurship, Bengaluru, T John College of Management,Bengaluru
Mother and Girl Child: Reconstructing Attitudes (1999) Jaipur: Rawat Publications