In this age of cyber interaction, online therapy is not only becoming popular but becoming all the more relevant and inevitable in these times of the Corona pandemic.
I am one of the pioneers of Online counseling and Therapy in India, and have been providing therapy to my clients through the internet ever since 2009.
Online therapy sessions are similar to face-to-face therapy sessions, the methods are the same. The only difference is that the interaction between me and my clients is audio visual via Skype, Google Hangout, Zoom, video chat, telephone.
Online therapy provides various conveniences to clients-
- Geographical location of the client and counselor is not an issue.
- You can avail of the convenience of therapy from the comfort and convenience of your home or workplace.
- It is especially useful for very busy clients who would like to avoid the time spent in travel to meet with the therapist.
- The ‘stigma’ of accessing the help and support of a therapist is nearly nullified.
- Online therapy provides users with complete confidentiality. Your therapy sessions are protected by HIPAA
- People who live in remote areas, or areas where transportation is not easily available, will be able to easily consult with a therapist.
- Scheduling of sessions is more convenient for many people.
- Sometimes clients find it easier to reveal private information when they are sharing it online
- Individuals with social anxiety issues find it easier to reach out to an online therapist
Many times clients may prefer to consult with a therapist / counsellor who is familiar with their unique cultural perspective, conditioning, values, attitudes and beliefs. In such instances, Online therapy with a professional from one’s culture can be the solution.
Interested in online counseling? Book an Appointment Now!